Famous Media Inc. is a mobile app developer and media company. Our products and services—including our web site and the Famous app, are intended to provide a platform for self-expression and fun. When you use these services, you’ll share some information with us. So we want to be upfront about the information we collect, how we use it, with whom we share it, and the controls we give you to access, update, and delete your information.
Information We Collect
There are three basic categories of information we collect: 1) Information you provide, 2) Information we get when you use our services, and 3) Information we get from third parties.
Information You Provide
The Famous app require you to set up a Famous account, so we need to collect a few important details about you, such as your name, username, password, email address, phone number, and date of birth. We may also ask you to provide us with some additional information that will be publicly visible on our services, such as a profile picture.
Obviously, we’ll also have access to whatever information you send through our services, such as Posts and Messages. Keep in mind that the users who view your Posts, Messages, and any other content can always save that content or copy it outside the app. So, the same common sense that applies to the internet in general applies to Famous as well: Don’t send messages or share content that you wouldn’t want someone to save or share.
Lastly, when you contact customer support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer or that we need to resolve your question.
Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. For example, we might know that you watched a particular post, saw a specific ad for a certain period of time, or uploaded a few Posts. Here’s a more detailed explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services:
Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services.
For example, we may collect information about:
- how you interact with our services, such as which Post you view or which search queries you submit.
- how you communicate with other “Famers”, such as their names, the time and date of your communications, the number of messages you exchange with your friends, which friends you exchange messages with the most, and your interactions with messages (such as when you open a message or capture a screenshot).
- Content Information. We collect content you create on our services, such as photos or videos, and we collect information about the content you create or provide, such as if the recipient has viewed the content and the metadata that is provided with the content.
Device Information. We collect information from and about the devices you use. For
example, we collect:
- information about your hardware and software, such as the hardware model, operating system version, device memory, advertising identifiers, unique application identifiers, apps installed, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, battery level, and time zone;
- information from device sensors, such as accelerometers, gyroscopes, compasses, microphones, and whether you have headphones connected; and,
- information about your wireless and mobile network connections, such as mobile phone number, service provider, IP address, and signal strength.
- Device Phonebook. Because Famous facilitates communicating with friends, we may—with your permission—collect information from your device’s phonebook.
- Camera and Photos. Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. For example, you won’t be able
to send Posts or upload photos from your camera roll unless we can access your camera or photos.
- Location Information. When you use our services we may collect information about your location. With your permission, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our website, such as:
- details about how you’ve used our services;
- device information, such as your web browser type and language;
- access times;
- pages viewed;
- IP address;
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser; and
- pages you visited before or after navigating to our website. Information We Collect from Third Parties We may collect information about you from other users, our affiliates, and third parties. Here are a few examples:
- If you link your Famous account to another service or third party app, we may receive information from the other service, like how you use that service.
- Advertisers, app developers, publishers, and other third parties may share information with us as well. We may use this information, among other ways, to help target or measure the performance of ads.
- If another user uploads their contact list, we may combine information from that user’s contact list with other information we have collected about you. How We Use Information What do we do with the information we collect? The short answer is: We provide you with a set of products and services that we relentlessly improve. Here are the ways we do that:
- develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services.
- send you communications, including by email. For example, we may use email to respond to support inquiries or to share information about our products, services, and promotional offers that we think may interest you.
- monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- personalize our services by, among other things, suggesting friends, profile information, or customizing the content we show you, including ads.
- contextualize your experience by, among other things, tagging your content using your precise location information (if, of course, you’ve given us permission to collect that information) and applying other labels based on the content.
- provide and improve our advertising services, ad targeting, and ad measurement, including through the use of your precise location information (again, if you’ve given us permission to collect that information), both on and off our services.
- enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance our services and your experience with them.
- enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies and comply with legal requirements. How We Share Information We may share information about you in the following ways:
With other “Famers”. We may share the following information with other “Famers”:
- § information about you, such as your username and name.
- § information about how you have interacted with our services, such as the names of “Famers” you are friends with, and other information that will help “Famers” understand your connections with others using our services. For example, because it may not be clear whether a new friend request comes from someone you actually know, we may share whether you and the requestor have Famous friends in common.
- § any additional information you have directed us to share. For example, Famous will share your information when you connect your Famous account to a third-party app, and if you share information or content from Famous to the third-party app.
- § content you post or send. How widely your content is shared depends on your personal settings and the type of service you are using. For example, a Message may be sent to just a single friend you select, but your Posts may be seen by any Famer.
With all “Famers”, our business partners, and the general public. We may share
the following information with all “Famers” as well as with our business partners and
the general public:
- § public information like your name, username, and profile pictures.
- § Posts that are designed to be viewable by Everyone, such as comments you make on someone else’s profile page, and any content that you submit to an inherently public service, like the Famous feed and other crowd-sourced services. This content may be viewed and shared by the public at large both on and off our services, including through search results, on websites, in apps, and in online and offline broadcasts.
- With our affiliates. We may share information with entities within the Famous Media Inc. family of companies.
- With third parties. We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, including to measure and optimize the performance of ads and deliver more relevant ads, including on third-party websites and apps. We may share information about you with business partners that provide services and functionality on our services. We may share information about you, such as device and usage information, to help us and others prevent fraud.
We may share information about you for legal, safety, and security reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
- investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations.
- protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or others.
- detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns. We may share information about you as part of a merger or acquisition. If Famous Media Inc. gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes. We may also share with third parties that provide services to us or perform business purposes for us aggregated, non-personally identifiable, or de-identified information. Third-Party Content and Integrations Our services may contain third-party content and integrations such as lenses, filters, or other third-party integrations in the camera. Through these integrations, you may be providing information to the third party as well as to Famous. We are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our services. How Long We Keep Your Information Public-facing data, like publicly posted videos and photos, may be kept indefinitely. Messages will be kept until you delete them. We store other information for longer periods of time. For example:
- We store your basic account information—like your name, phone number, and email address—and list of friends until you ask us to delete them.
- We store location information for different lengths of time based on how precise it is and which services you use. For example, if you use the Map, we store information about your favorite places so we can personalize and
improve your experience. If location information is associated with a Post, we’ll retain that location as long as we store the Post.
• We’re constantly collecting and updating information about the things you might like and dislike, so we can provide you with more relevant content and advertisements.
If you ever decide to stop using Famous, you can just ask us to delete your account. We’ll also delete most of the information we’ve collected about you after you’ve been inactive for a while—but don’t worry, we’ll try to contact you first!
Keep in mind that, while our systems are designed to carry out our deletion practices automatically, we cannot promise that deletion will occur within a specific timeframe. There may be legal requirements to store your data and we may need to suspend those deletion practices if we receive valid legal process asking us to preserve content, if we receive reports of abuse or other Terms of Service violations, or if your account or content created by you is flagged by our automated systems for abuse or other Terms of Service violations. Finally, we may also retain certain information in backup for a limited period of time or as required by law.
Control Over Your Information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
Access, Correction, and Portability. You can access and edit most of your basic account information right in our apps. Because your privacy is important to us, we will ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you access or update your personal information. We may also reject your request to access or update your personal information for a number of reasons, including, for example, if the request risks the privacy of other users or is unlawful.
Revoking permissions. In most cases, if you let us use your information, you can simply revoke your permission by changing the settings in the app or on your device if your device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
Deletion. While we hope you’ll remain a lifelong Famer, you may delete your account at any time. You can also delete some information in the app, like the content you’ve posted or saved.
Communicating with other “Famers”. It’s important to us that you stay in control over whom you communicate with. That’s why we’ve built in the ability to block another Famer from contacting you again by simply unfollowing them.
Users in the European Union
If you’re a user in the European Union, you should know that Famous Media Inc. is the controller of your personal information. Here is some additional information we would like to bring to your attention:
Rights of Access, Deletion, Correction, and Portability
You can exercise your rights of access, deletion, correction, and portability as described in the Control Over Your Information section above.
Bases for Using Your Information
Your country only allows us to use your personal information when certain conditions apply. These conditions are called “legal bases” and, at Famous, we typically rely on one of four:
- Contract. One reason we might use your information is because you’ve entered into an agreement with us. For example, when you buy a product or service we offer, we need to use some of your information to collect payment and make sure you can use the product or service the right place and time.
- Legitimate interest. Another reason we might use your information is because we have—or a third party has—a legitimate interest in doing so. For example, we need to use your information to provide and improve our services, including protecting your account, delivering your Posts, providing customer support, and helping you find friends and content we think you’ll like. Because most of our services are free, we also use some information about you to try and show you ads you’ll find interesting. An important point to understand about legitimate interest is that our interests don’t outweigh your right to privacy, so we only rely on legitimate interest when we think the way we are using your data doesn’t significantly impact your privacy or would be expected by you, or there is a compelling reason to do so.
- Consent. In some cases we’ll ask for consent to use your information for specific purposes. If we do, we’ll make sure you can revoke your consent in our services or through your device permissions. Even if we’re not relying on
consent to use your information, we may ask you for permission to access data like contacts and location.
• Legal obligation. We may be required to use your personal information to comply with the law, like when we respond to valid legal process or need to take action to protect our users.
Your Right to Object
You have the right to object to our use of your information. With many types of data, we’ve provided you with the ability to simply delete it if you don’t want us processing it anymore. For other types of data, we’ve given you the ability to stop the use of your data by disabling the feature altogether. You can do these things in the app.
We may collect your personal information from, transfer it to, and store and process it in the United States and other countries outside of where you live. Whenever we share information of EU users outside the EU we make sure an adequate transfer mechanism is in place.
Complaints? If you’re based in the EU, you can always file a complaint with the supervisory authority in your Member State.
If you’re a California resident, you have certain privacy rights under California law, including the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Our California Privacy Notice specifies these rights below.
Our services are not intended for—and we don’t direct them to—anyone under 13. And that’s why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13. In addition, we may limit how we collect, use, and store some of the information of EU users between 13 and 16. In some cases, this means we will be unable to provide certain functionality to these users. If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.
California Privacy Notice Effective: February 1, 2020
We’ve created this California Privacy Notice specifically for California residents (“Notice”). California residents have certain privacy rights as specified under California law, including the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Our Privacy Principles and the privacy controls we offer to all users are in line with these laws–this Notice makes sure we cover the California-specific requirements. For example, all users can request a copy of their data, request deletion, and control their privacy settings in the app.
We’ll start with a summary of your rights and get into the details later.
- You have the right to know whether we sell your data and opt-out of a sale if we do. Good news! We don’t sell your data.
- You have the right to receive an overview of the personal information we collect, how we use it, and who we share your data with.
- You can request access to your data, get a copy, and ask us to delete your personal information. Your Rights Let’s start with your rights.
- Right to know what personal information we collect. You have the right to request details on the specific personal information we’ve collected about you.
- Right to know who we share your data with. We do not sell your data, but we may share your information with others for legitimate business purposes. For example, we use service providers to store and host your data.
- Right to deletion. You have the right to request deletion of your data, unless an exception applies. Examples of exceptions include when we need to keep data to meet legal obligations, detect fraud, investigate reports of abuse or other Terms of Service violations, or fix security issues. Once we’ve verified your request, we’ll delete your personal information (unless an exception applies) and will direct our service providers to do the same.
- Get a timely response. You have the right to make two free requests in any 12- month period. We will respond to your request within the timeframe required by law.
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records provisions, such as your name, address, telephone number, payment number (last 4 digits only). For example, we may use this information to sell you goods or services. Keep in mind that some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
C. Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as your gender and age. The main purpose for collecting this information is to verify your age, ensure you are eligible to use our services, and to show you more relevant ads and content.
D. Commercial information, such as products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. For example, we may keep this information when you purchase items through the Famous or when you engage with ads on our platform.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as session logs, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement. For example, we may store your search history when you are searching for Posts or other content in Search.
- Geolocation data, such as your physical location. Famous uses your device’s location to offer certain location-based features. For example, we may use your device’s location to auto-populate the location field in videos you post or we can use your location to show you content from your area.
G. Electronic, visual, or similar information, such as Posts or other visual content. We collect the Posts you create, and we store them until you delete them.
H. Inferences drawn from other personal information. We may use this information to create a profile reflecting your preferences and characteristics. For example, we’ll use this information to create a list of your interests and preferences to serve you more relevant ads or content in your feed.
We may collect this data when you provide it to us, when you use our services, or when we receive it from third parties.
By law, the term “personal information” does not include publicly available information from government records and de-identified or aggregated consumer information.
Sharing Your Information
We may share your personal information to a third party for a business purpose or at your direction. For example, we may share your personal information with our data hosting and storage providers. We enter into agreements with our service providers in which they can only use your information for specific purposes and are required to ensure its confidentiality.